By submitting this application for the competition “Creating Christmas cheer in Vilnius 2021”, the person confirms that he/she (company), on behalf of which he/she is applying :
– is interested in participating in the event the competition “Creating Christmas cheer in Vilnius 2021” of the program “Christmas in Vilnius 2021”, subject to the conditions set out below;
– undertakes to provide the representatives and/or other responsible persons of Vilnius City Municipality budgetary institution Vilnius Cultural Center with additional information, which would be necessary for the purposes of compiling the list of participants of the competition “Creating Christmas cheer in Vilnius 2021”, organizing the competition and evaluating the objects of the competition;
– you are informed that the controller of the submitted personal data is Vilnius City Municipality budgetary institution Vilnius Cultural Center (legal entity code 302448350, address Rinktinės str. 50, Vilnius). The purpose and basis of your data processing is compiling a list of contestants, preparing a map of contest objects, the opportunity to contact you and evaluate the uniqueness of your festively decorated object. If you do not provide the requested information, you will not be able to participate in the competition. Your personal data will be stored for two years and may be provided to the recipients of the data (that is, to the tender evaluation committee and other state institutions in accordance with the law). You have the right to apply to Vilnius City Municipality budgetary institution Vilnius Cultural Center by e-mail email@example.com with a request to get acquainted with personal data, to correct it, to delete it, to transfer it, to limit its processing, to disagree with their processing and to submit a complaint to the State Data Protection Inspectorate. You can also consult the Data Protection Officer for data processing by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
– got acquainted with the PROVISIONS of the competition “Creating Christmas cheer in Vilnius 2021”:
Event “Christmas in Vilnius 2021” program
COMPETITION “CREATING CHRISTMAS CHEER IN VILNIUS 2021”
- The regulations of the competition “Creating Christmas cheer in Vilnius 2021” (hereinafter – the competition) regulate the topics of the competition, goals, participants, the procedure of organization, voting, evaluation and awarding.
- The competition is organized by Vilnius City Municipality and Vilnius City Municipality budgetary institution Vilnius Cultural Center.
TOPICS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPETITION
- Themes of the competition – Christmas, Christmas stories, Christmas mood.
- The competition “Creating Christmas Cheer in Vilnius 2021” (hereinafter – the competition) is intended to promote the community spirit of Vilnius and, through the joint efforts of city companies, institutions, entrepreneurs, and private initiatives, to decorate the city of Vilnius and create a festive Christmas mood.
- Objectives of the competition:
5.1. to promote public interest in the creation and representation of an attractive Christmas image of Vilnius;
5.2. to promote the culture of celebration;
5.3. to incite the involvement of Vilnius community members in community activities and cooperation in pursuit of the same goals;
5.4. to promote and disseminate sustainable decoration in the city;
5.5. to create a special festive mood in the city;
5.6. to foster artistic expression, creativity in society, and the opportunity to express one’s ideas through freely chosen means;
5.7. to thank the companies, institutions, and private initiatives that create the most creative Christmas mood in the city.
PARTICIPANTS OF THE COMPETITION
- All Vilnius city companies, institutions, entrepreneurs, communities, private initiatives that have outdoor (exterior) showcases* and / or administer such freely accessible and visible public spaces as: arcades, squares, streets, or courtyards (hereinafter referred to as the Object of the competition) in Vilnius are invited to participate in the competition.
*Outdoor (exterior) showcase – the windows, doors, and house facades of shops, cafes, restaurants, institutions that “go out into” the street, which create a direct connection with the passers-by on the street.
PROCEDURE FOR ORGANIZING THE COMPETITION
- Only participants who have registered by 11 December 2021 (inclusive) (filled in the competitor’s registration form) will participate in the competition. Participation in the competition is free.
- By 11 December 2021 (inclusive), competitors will be required to submit at least two high-quality photographs (up to 2 Mb each) of their decorated object of the competition (daytime view and view at night time).
- Each object of the competition participating in the competition will be included in the specially created map of Vilnius Christmas decorations for 2021, which will be published on the website www.kaledossostineje.lt
- The objects of the competition participating in the competition from 14 December 2021 to 12 December 2021 (inclusive) will be evaluated by the commission formed in the Christmas Commission of Vilnius City Municipality (hereinafter – the Commission) and electronically – by Vilnius residents and guests.
- Voting will take place electronically in a special poll section of one of the largest online news portals, where people will be able to vote under photos for their most liked festively decorated objects by clicking “like”. It will be possible to vote for the most liked object only once (once from the same IP address).
- The winners of the competition will be determined by the commission. Prizes will be awarded to:
12.1. The three objects of the competition that receive the highest score from the commission formed in the Christmas Commission of Vilnius City Municipality;
12.2. And one of the participants with the most votes in online voting;
12.3. The Commission reserves the right to award more worthy participants if circumstances require so.
- The results of the competition will be published on December 21, 2021 on the websites www.vilnius.lt, www.kaledossostineje.lt, www.vilniuskc.lt; In the Facebook accounts of Vilniaus Miesto Savivaldybė, Kalėdos Sostinėje and Vilniaus Kultūros Centras, in a press release and on the website of the information partner of the project “Christmas in Vilnius 2021”. Winners will be contacted personally.
REQUIREMENTS AND EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Objects* participating in the competition should:
14.1. Create a Christmas mood;
14.2. Tell a unique story;
14.3. To be created aesthetically, and be creative and original;
14.4. Evoke a feeling of admiration.
- The following criteria will be used to evaluate the competition objects:
15.1. Relevance to the theme of the competition;
15.3. Originality and creativity;
15.4. Persuasion, impression;
15.5. Artistic quality of work;
15.6. Originality of execution technique.
- The participant of the competition guarantees that its object submitted for evaluation by the commission has not been implemented (festively decorated) at the expense of Vilnius City Municipality.
AWARDING THE WINNERS OF THE COMPETITION
- The competition is sponsored by Vilnius City Municipality.
- Prizes will be awarded to:
18.1. Three participants with the highest scores from the commission formed by Vilnius City Municipality (I place – 1500 euros; II place – 1200 euros; III place – 800 euros);
18.2. One participant with the highest number of votes in online voting – 1,500 euros.
19. All participants will receive letters of thanks from Vilnius City Municipality.
20. The winners of the competition will be announced on the websites www.vilnius.lt, www.kaledossostineje.lt, www.vilniuskc.lt; In the Facebook accounts of Vilniaus miesto savivaldybė, Kalėdos sostinėje and Vilniaus kultūros centras, in a press release and on the website of the information partner of the project “Christmas in Vilnius 2021”.
- The organizers of the competition reserve the right to change and supplement the conditions of the competition, to openly publish the works of the participants and winners.
- Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the competition conditions by all participants.
- The competition is coordinated by the organizer of the events of the program “Christmas in Vilnius“ – Vilnius City Municipality budgetary institution Vilnius Cultural Center, phone: 8 5 261 9557, e-mail: email@example.com